ANDOVER Lawn Tennis Club has submitted a planning application to Test Valley Borough Council for permission to build housing on its premises in Andover.
The application, submitted on 21 December, would see 14 dwellings built on the Eardley Avenue site if councillors’ approval is forthcoming.
The application includes a significant amount of archaeological detail from Wessex Archaeology as the Port Way Roman Road probably passes through part of the site.
No objections have so far been lodged by consultees, although one neighbour has voiced fears that new occupants of the homes would want to see some of the trees in the area removed because of their impact on light and the amount of leaf-fall in the autumn.
Andover Lawn Tennis Club was originally known as the Folly Tennis Club and moved to its current location,then known as the Drove Courts in 1945. The club moved away from there in the 1950s but returned and purchased the site.