When news happens, text AND and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Power cut at fire service control room
9:51am Monday 21st January 2013 in News
IT WAS business as usual for Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service, despite a power cut caused by melted snow.
It happened at 7.30am on Sunday (20) after the water leak caused by melted snow on the headquarters’ roof lead to an electrical power failure.
Staff were alerted to the power failure by the audio alarm system and immediately organised for Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service to take emergency calls.
Control staff then relocated to the emergency control centre at a Hampshire County Council building, in Winchester, to carry on their duties and were operating as normal within the hour without any disruption to the service's emergency response capability.