A LOVING father, brother, son and fiancé who died after an overdose of cocaine will be remembered as a “wonderful” man and a “real character” who always helped others.

Mechanic Ashley Ayres, 33, was due to marry his girlfriend of eight years, Lorraine Bell, in August.

But he was found dead by his business partner Mark Jackson at the garage they owned, Amesbury Vehicle Diagnostics, on November 27, 2016.

Ms Bell said Ashley was bubbly, outgoing and a great father to Jamie, six, and Sasha, 12. “He was a great man,” she said.

“He was just wonderful.”

Parents Jayne and David described Ashley as a “caring, loving son”.

“We are so proud of him, he achieved a great deal in his short life,” they said.

“We miss you so much, Ashley, and we hope you knew how much you were loved.”

Sister Hayley, 31, who has since taken on her brother’s side of the business, said: “He was such a loving, happy person, always trying to please everyone. He loved his family.

“I was just lucky to have him as my brother. He was a real character.”

Salisbury Coroner’s Court heard on Thursday that Ashley left the house in Devereaux Road, Amesbury, and went to his workshop in Mills Way Business Centre on the morning of his death. He later contacted Lorraine complaining of chest pains and asked her to come to the garage.

But she found the building locked and called Mr Jackson for help.

Lorraine also asked staff at the business next door for assistance, but said the two men she spoke to at M W Duckett “could not have been more unhelpful if they tried”.

Mr Jackson arrived and unlocked the door to find Ashley unresponsive upstairs. Police found white powder residue on a table near the body.

Paramedics were unable to revive him and he was pronounced dead at 11.24am.

Tests found 2.49mg of cocaine per litre of Ashley’s blood, which showed he had used “an excessive amount” of the drug prior to his death, the inquest heard.

Recording a conclusion of drug-related death, senior coroner David Ridley said: “Ashley died from the toxic effects of having taken an overdose of cocaine.”