Wherwell v Amesbury.

Wherwell hosted Amesbury on a scorchingly hot day and for the first time this season the pitch was dry, and after winning the toss the visiting skipper Dale Gower had no hesitation in bowling first.

Wherwell started slowly and Craig Beckingham (9) and Wickham (16) stayed put but Beckingham soon departed bringing the in form Stuart Taylor to the crease.

As others lost concentration in the heat Taylor went through the gears and only Nathan Young dug in for Taylor.

Young finally departed for a painstaking 26 but the job was done as Taylor raced towards his second league ton of the season. He brought up his 100 from 74 balls only to get out the next ball and Wherwell ended up 178 all out.

KJM sponsored Wherwell took to the field knowing a big effort was required and Taylor was again back in the game as he got the ball to bite from a good length.

Some sharp fielding from Beckingham enabled him to collect his third wicket for 26 and Wherwell looked in complete control as they had Amesbury 50-7 but visiting skipper Dale Gower (51) dispatched the ball to all parts.

Matt Guilfoyle took 2-40 as the skipper rotated his bowling but thankfully Russell Ingrem (1-18) broke the partnership and Wherwell were suddenly back in the game.

Young (4-21) got himself back into the attack to spin his team to victory thanks to a full length diving catch from Gladwyn on the boundary as Amesbury were all out for 142.

Easton MW III v Wherwell II.

Easton won the toss and chose to bowl and after Nick Baughen was bowled Cray Sams and Trebert made and excellent start with Trebert bowled on 36.

Sams pushed on to his first ever century with 108 not out, Wherwell finishing on 179.

Wherwell struggled to find their rhythm with the ball and despite only having eight men on the field they didn't give up hope and Robbie Gladwyn and Brendan Tasker picked up two wickets before Easton pushed on and won the game.

Wherwell v Whitchurch.

Wherwell welcomed Whitchurch for their Sunday fixture looking to maintain their 100 per cent record.

Captain Alex Gladwyn lost the toss and his side were sent in to bat and got off to a poor start at 40-3 in 12 overs.

Gladwyn and Stuart Taylor increased the run rate and within no time Taylor produced his second century of the weekend.

Gladwyn then continued to build Wherwell up to a huge score with some lusty blows and eventually brought up his hundred, with both batsman then retiring. Nigel Horne (30) and Harry Trebert (19) finished the innings strongly and got Wherwell up to a massive 314.

In reply Whitchurch echoed the early part of the Wherwell innings with Robbie Gladwyn taking two early wickets to the leave the away side 43-2. Good spells from Jeremy Wickham and Craig Beckingham kept the run rate always on the rise.

Charles Ingrem and Harry Trebert bowled well and both picked up wickets to leave Whitchurch, 120-7.

Alex Gladwyn and brother Robbie shared the last three wickets to give the home side an emphatic win and maintain the unbeaten record.