ANDOVER Town suffered their second consecutive league defeat on Saturday as they were beaten 2-0 away at Team Solent.

The Southampton-based side scored either side of half time to inflict the defeat, Town’s second in a week after their 5-3 defeat to Fareham on Tuesday night.

Manager Glenn Burnett made three changes from that starting lineup, bringing in Jarid Hixon to replace Lloyd Thomas in goal, while Liam Gilbert replaced Javier Santafe-Vivo and Jordan Brackstone came in for Mitchell Hunt.

Hosts Solent started the better of the sides, with right winger Jim Orvis seeing plenty of action early on.

It was from one of the winger’s crosses that Solent created the first real chance.

However Matthew Sheedy headed his cross over the bar.

Town responded with Reece Rusher forcing a good save from goalkeeper Bradley Banda with 15 minutes played.

From the resultant corner, Liam Gilbert leapt to head the ball back across goal, but Adam Grange couldn’t make a clean contact and the ball was eventually cleared.

Andover began to grow into the game and looked dangerous with wingers Rusher and Grange both having shots on goal.

But it was Solent who took the lead on 24 minutes when a cross form Orvis struck Ross Gregory and the ball deflected into his own net.

Town continued undeterred and nearly equalised through in-form Zach Glasspool minutes later.

The striker got on the end of a promising move by Town, but his pressured shot went wide.

Town were then dealt another blow when Rusher limped of injured before half time, to be replaced by Victor Guiterrez.

Solent nearly doubled their advantage at the end of the first half, Orvis’ cross was again headed over by Sheedy.

Andover made a change at half time, bringing on Craig Blakeman in place of striker Shane Lock, who began the game at left back.

The hosts an early chance through Jesse Waller-Lessen, which went wide, before having a ball cleared off the line by defender McCaulie Stubbs.

A long free-kick into the area was misjudged by Jarid Hixon and as the ball headed towards the top corner, last man Stubbs jumped to head the ball off the line.

But Team Solent were not to be denied moments later.

Orvis, who had been a constant thorn in Town’s side, again found space for a cross, which this time, was swept home by Sheedy.

Team Solent should have scored a third when Tyrell Mitford slid the ball to Orvis scuffed his shot wide when he should have converted.

Andover kept pushing to reduce the arrears.

Liam Gilbert picked up the ball in his own half and ran to the edge of the opposing area before hitting a shot wide.

Sam Pekun then latched onto a Zach Glasspool header and drove in on goal, but his effort was deflected out for a corner.

As the game drew to a close, Guiterrez shot was pushed around the post by the keeper for a corner from the corner fell to Jordan Brackstone whose shot went over the bar.

Despite their best efforts, Andover could not breach the Solent defence.

The defeat means Andover drop to 11th in the Wessex League Premier They travel to 8th placed AFC Portchester on Saturday hoping to avoid a third successive defeat.

Andover face local rivals Whitchurch tonight in the Wessex League Premier.

The game, which will be played at United's Longmeadow ground, will kick off at 7.45pm.