A last minute winner from Nic Turpin gave Andover New Street a 3-2 at US Portsmouth in the Wessex League Division One last Saturday.

This was the New Street’s first win since 2011 in Portsmouth, when goal from Steve Caswell and two from Matt Styles separated the two sides.

With the teams starting the game second it was always going to be a tight affair.

After a few early dangerous corners from US Portsmouth and a comfortable save from Dave Tasker it was Street who broke the deadlock.

A lovely strike from creative midfielder Callum Sweeney put the visitors in front after seven minutes.

Street began to play some great football and Zach Hine went close with a long range effort and Jazz Beavis was tackled well in a dangerous area.

The home side soon found some rhythm and two goals in quick succession made it 2-1 after 33 minutes.

The second half saw Street start the stronger and the pressure was rewarded in the 76th Minute.

From a well worked corner, Sweeney crossed a dangerous ball in to the box and Dan Rimell on his debut got their first to power his header into the net.

With 93 minutes on the clock, a threatening US Portsmouth attack saw Tasker catch the ball well and struck a route one kick which carried all of 70 yards up the pitch.

Turpin latched onto the great pass and did what he knows best and smashed the ball into the bottom corner for the winner.

However, on Tuesday night at Romsey, goals from Zachary Hine and Zach Neve were not enough for New Street as they lost 4-2 and had Casson Spencer sent-off.

The visitors took the lead. Oliver Yates, who was a constant threat on the right flank, was fouled in a dangerous wide area.

Yates took the resulting free kick and drove it into the box, where Hine rose well and his deft touch hit the net.

This lead only lasted a few minutes as Romsey levelled.

Street remained on top of the game until possibly the red card incident occurred. With Romsey’s goal scorer shielding the ball out to the side line. Spencer caught the player with a late challenge. The theatricals that followed however may have given the referee more reasoning to show the red card and not the yellow that would have been the right option.

Romsey took advantage of the 10 men to lead 2-1 at the break and seconds into the second-half the home side added a third.

New Street tried to hit back as Wade Crisp's header struck the underside of the bar from a Hine corner and Zach Neve would put a shot just wide from the follow up.

However, Neve would get himself on the scoresheet though as he finished off a great team goal.

Sweeney found Yates on the right who got himself past his defender and found an unmarked Neve to finish well and get his second goal of the season.

Although the visitors worked hard to get the equaliser it was Romsey who scored a fourth to complete the 4-2 win The loss leaves New Street fifth in the table and on Saturday they entertain Hythe and Dibden, who are tenth.