ZACH Neve scored four times as Andover New Street returned to winning ways with a 5-2 win over visiting Hythe and Dibden.

John Smith’s men were straight out of the blocks and put an early onslaught onto Matthew Fredericks’ Hythe and Dibden goal.

The away team’s goalkeeper, who had a terrific game, was put to test in the first minute when an Oliver Yates cross was met by Neve but his header was well saved.

The first goal game only a minute later, when Fredericks again saved well from a Casson Spencer strike, but Neve was first to pounce and slide in.

Street kept the momentum and Spencer was again close with a curling long range effort that went the wrong side of the post.

Hythe game close at the other end, as a poor clearance from Mark Keogh landed at Matthew Smith’s feet. His effort had David Tasker beaten but clipped the post.

Fredericks was again at hand to prevent the home side.

This time diving at creative midfielder Callum Sweeney’s feet and smothering the ball well.

It wouldn’t be long until Street made it two. On the 12th minute, Keogh leaped well and what looked like a defensive headed clearance, became a wonderful 40 yard pass that fell to Neve.

The Street frontman outpaced his marker and gave Fredericks no chance.

Yates put another great cross in five minutes later, but Owen Trapnell could not get enough on his header and the ball went softly wide of the post.

With the Wessex League introducing LED substitution boards this year, perhaps a future quiz question occurred on the 20th minute.

Should this be the case, the first player to be substituted off using the board at Foxcotte Park was Hythe and Dibden’s captain Ben Slade for Lewis Fay.

This change seemed to spark the away side and an effort from strike Luke Watts was drilled wide of Tasker’s post.

Neve came close to his hat-trick in the first 22 minutes, but his attempted overhead kick missed the target after a great Sweeney corner.

The third goal for Street arrived on 25 minutes. Veteran Keogh was the provider again, as his cracking cross from the right flank was glanced in by Sweeney, giving Fredericks no chance.

Straight after the restart and a mix-up, saw Neve found himself with another chance at a hat-trick but the Hythe goalkeeper was at hand to prevent another New Street goal.

The first booking of the day was given to Street’s Jamie Pollard for a late challenge.

The resulting free kick was struck well into the box and an unmarked Liam Hanlon header in to give Hythe a small chance on the 30th minute.

The three goal lead was restored though after 34 minutes and finally brought a hat-trick for Neve.

A long clearance from Wade Crisp landed in Neve’s path on goal. After showing great strength and composure Neve steered the ball into the net.

Hythe however replied rapidly. James Parker Trott found himself some space on the left hand side of Tasker’s area. The midfielder picked his spot and curled the ball into the far corner.

Street would have one last chance before the half-time, as Yates cut in from the right and his smashed effort went wide.

Street made their first substitution, using the board, of the day as Dan Rimell came on for Pollard.

Yates went close on three occasions in the first five minutes of the second half.

His first two efforts were high and wide with the third being saved again by the impressive Fredericks.

Hythe’s Fay was then put through on goal with just Tasker to beat. The Street goalkeeper made himself big and saved well.

New Street were then to make the second half harder as Kieron LeBrun was shown the red card.

The left back was deemed to have elbowed the Hythe striker, which looked more clumsy than malicious.

Sweeney would see a yellow card for his protests and the resulting free kick sailed over the bar.

Gary Thorne made his third appearance for Street this season as he replaced Keogh.

Sweeney had the next two chances for New Street. The first was saved well and his long range wonder strike just missed the upright.

Neve had a chance to make it five, but with only the goalkeeper to beat his shot would go the wrong side of the post.

Hythe & Dibden would then too have to finish the game with 10 men and it also being a left back. This time it was the away side’s Rian Drake for dissent.

With 80 minutes on the clock, Street would get their 5th. Yates fizzed a ball across the box which eluded both the defenders and attackers. Eventually the ball was picked up by Neve and his cracking effort rocketed into the bottom corner and sealed the game for the home side.

Spencer then made way for Zachary Hine. Hine was straight in the action and released Yates. The wingers first touch was exceptional but his finish was poor and somehow the ball was put wide.

The last chance before fulltime fell to Crisp who for the 2nd game in a row would hit the post from close range and in this circumstance keep the score at 5-2.

Street will now look to progress in the FA Vase this Saturday as they travel to table toppers Tadley Calleva.