IT WAS success and disappointment for Andover New Street as they were dumped out of the FA Vase but advanced in the Sydenham League Cup, writes MATT STYLES.

A late goal from hosts Tadley Calleva, saw the Street crash out of the Vase at the first hurdle on Saturday.

It was the visitors who had the better of the early going and it wasn’t long before they took the lead. Allan Ralph playing his second game of the season received the ball on the left flank. After making almost a full run around to get the ball onto his right foot, the Street player sent in a wonderful cross that Oliver Yates controlled nicely before slotting the ball past the Tadley keeper.

Tadley were level five minutes later from a Shaun Dallimore's towering headed.

This didn’t deter the visitors and they were back in front when the ever lively Jazz Beavis made some space for himself and after some great footwork found Callum Sweeney 30 yards from goal. Sweeney shifted the ball onto his right foot and beat the keeper with a fine strike that took the away side 2-1 up into half time.

However, Tadley had the better of the second half. Paul Coventry levelled things from the spot before Brett Denham was gifted with an open goal on 85 minutes to see the home side advance.

On Tuesday night The Street were benefactors of late goals as they marched on into the second round of the Sydenham League Cup following a 2-1 win over Folland Sports.

With a change in formation playing 3-5-2, the Street were the first of the two sides to have a chance after just two minutes though Nic Turpin's strike wasn’t hit cleanly and the ball travelled slowly wide.

After a good spell of the ball, Sweeney whipped in a great cross which Turpin cleverly headed back across the face of the goal but there was no player there for an easy tap in.

Power seemed to be the trouble with Street's shots in this game as both Beavis and again Yates failed to trouble the keeper from distance keeping it goalless at half time.

Folland Sports began to get themselves into the game in the second half and a great free kick from out wide by Krysty Sullivan missed both the attacking and defending players and sailed just wide of the post.

Sullivan however would put his team ahead seconds later. A hopeful cross was not cleared by the Street defence and found its way to Sullivan. His stretching shot hit the back of Wade Crisp’s foot and looped over David Tasker and into the net with just 15 minutes to go.

With two minutes of normal time left Street were looking likely to exit the first round of another cup, however the hosts were award a spot kick which Yates buried to bring things level.

With no extra time both sets of managers were already thinking who would be their penalty takers. While this was being worked out, on 92 minutes, Turpin was sent through on goal. His shot was well saved but dropped into the path of Louis Attrill who tapped the ball into the net with almost the last kick of the game and put New Street into the next round.