When news happens, text AND and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Man held over mosque attacks freed
One of two men arrested in connection with a series of mosque bombings has been released without charge, say police.
The 22-year-old Ukrainian man arrested last week is now helping counter terrorism officers as a witness, West Midlands Police said.
He had been detained last week along with a 25-year-old fellow Ukrainian in the Small Heath area of Birmingham in connection with explosions which went off near three mosques in the West Midlands.
The 25-year-old man continues to be questioned on suspicion of being involved in the commission, preparation or instigation of an act of terrorism, following explosions in Walsall on June 21, Wolverhampton on June 28 and Tipton on July 12.
The man in custody was further arrested on Saturday on suspicion of the murder of 82-year-old Mohammed Saleem in Small Heath, on April 29.
Mr Saleem's murder is now part of a wider investigation being carried out by the West Midlands Counter Terrorism Unit.
Police cordons are expected to be lifted in Tipton and Wolverhampton later, while police continue to search an industrial unit in Small Heath and a forensic team is investigating the area near where Mr Saleem was attacked.
Assistant Chief Constable Marcus Beale, of West Midlands Police, is said: "I would like to thank the public for their ongoing support and the way in which they responded to our appeals for help with each of these crimes.
"The murder of Mohammed Saleem now forms part of the wider West Midlands Counter Terrorism Unit inquiry and will be thoroughly investigated.
"I appreciate that there has been significant disruption whilst experts search each of the affected locations, but equally I hope that people understand the need to both ensure public safety whilst conducting a thorough investigation."