Suarez plays down speculation

Andover Advertiser: Luis Suarez has stressed that he is happy at Anfield Luis Suarez has stressed that he is happy at Anfield

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez insists "nothing is going to happen" to him in regards to his future at the club as he focuses on making a dream come true by winning the title.

The newly-crowned Professional Footballers' Association's player of the year has scored 30 league goals this season and that has only enhanced his reputation as one of the world's best players.

Despite only signing a new lucrative contract at Anfield in December the 27-year-old is still being linked with the likes of Real Madrid.

When Suarez was asked in an interview with Uruguay television station Canal 10 whether they should be contacting him in England or Spain next season he replied: "I'm very happy here and my family is happy here.

"Don't worry nothing is going to happen to me. If we could win the Premier League and bring the trophy home it would be incredible, a dream come true."

That dream may rest with this weekend's visit of Manchester City to Liverpool's near-neighbours Everton.

Should Manuel Pellegrini's side drop points then the Reds' destiny would be back in their hands, having let it slip with a 2-0 defeat at home to Chelsea last Sunday.

"I'm still upset, it was so frustrating, we couldn't find spaces and we made a mistake and it was hard to deal with," said Suarez of the defeat.

"We knew the game was going to be hard and tight but it was frustrating when they were using up time.

"I was upset because of our mistake; we all got nervous and lost control. It was impossible to find spaces to get in.

"We are hoping Man City loses some points but in the Premier League you never know, anything is possible.

"Now we have to win the next two games and it is not going to be easy."

Suarez, who in December 2011 was banned for eight matches after being found guilty of racially abusing Patrice Evra, was pictured with team-mate Philippe Coutinho earlier in the week showing his support for Dani Alves after the Barcelona defender had a banana thrown at him during the match at Villarreal.

"The picture with Coutinho was because I didn't like what happened," he added.

"So we had to do something with Phil. I felt I had to do something for my friends."

While Liverpool will watch events at Goodison Park with keen interest this weekend, they have to wait until Monday to play their penultimate match at Crystal Palace as they remain in the hunt for a first title since 1990.

The club have taken the step of issuing a specific warning to travelling fans about counterfeit tickets.

"Liverpool Football Club has been contacted by a number of fans voicing concerns over supporters who intend to travel to Selhurst Park for Monday night's sell-out fixture against Crystal Palace without tickets," said a statement.

"The club is reminding its supporters to be aware of counterfeit tickets and to only travel to Selhurst Park if they have an official ticket.

"The club is working closely with Crystal Palace to ensure that fans with official tickets can access the stadium, with extra LFC stewards on hand to assist with security at Selhurst Park.

"Merseyside Police will also be supporting the Metropolitan Police with any illegal ticketing issues around the stadium prior to kick-off.

"All tickets purchased are the responsibility of the supporter whose name is on the ticket.

"Any breach of regulations may be subject to further investigation that could ultimately result in the club pursuing a ban for each person involved for future LFC games."

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree