HOLIDAYMAKERS wrecked CCTV equipment at an airport parking site after operators lost their car keys while they were away.

Dean Jarvis and Lucy Jones returned to BOMO Parking Services near Bournemouth Airport days after the mix-up and were filmed causing criminal damage to the cameras.

Jarvis, 44, from Rectory Place, Weyhill and Jones, 37, from Bridlebank Way in Weymouth denied damaging CCTV cameras to the value of £600 on May 26 last year.

But they were found guilty during a trial at Poole Magistrates’ Court.

At a sentencing hearing yesterday, prosecutor Nicola Reece told the court their key had been lost while they were on holiday in Spain.

She said they had to retrieve a spare key before they could collect their vehicle. The pair also also claimed the vehicle was damaged and soiled on their return.

Jarvis and Jones said during the trial that they had simply gone back in a bid to find the lost key.

But the court heard they could be seen clearly damaging one security camera each.

Just weeks later BOMO Parking Services ceased trading with director John Smith blaming the “catastrophic effect” of a “sustained attack” by an individual.

Around 300 sets of keys were dumped at Bournemouth Airport by operators and car owners returning from holiday had to get their keys from airport security staff.

At the time the company issued a statement which said: “BOMO Parking Services has ceased trading with immediate effect.

“All vehicle keys have been hand delivered to Bournemouth Airport information desk for customers to collect on their return from holiday.

“BOMO Parking Services has been the target of a sustained attack online and offline by a known individual, which has had a catastrophic effect on the trading position, causing closure.”

Jarvis and Jones arrived separately at court for sentence and did not speak to each other or look at each other while in the dock.

Both were given 12-month community orders and ordered to pay £625 prosecution costs and £85 victim surcharge.

Jarvis was ordered to carry out 100 hours of unpaid work and Jones ordered to carry out 80 hours unpaid work and to complete 10 rehabilitation activity days.