A WOMAN found dead at a town centre flat and the man arrested on suspicion of her murder, and who later died while on bail, have both been named locally.

The body of a 33-year-old Andover woman was found in a flat above Domino’s Pizza restaurant on Bridge Street - just yards from Andover Police Station - on April 14.

A 25-year-old Andover man, named locally as Kieron Wallder, was arrested on suspicion of murder and was released on police bail. He died on Tuesday.

Hampshire Constabulary said they are continuing to investigate the woman’s death.

A spokesman said: “The suspect in the investigation into the death of a 33-year-old woman in Andover on April 14 has died while on bail.

“The circumstances of his death are not believed to be suspicious and a file is being prepared for the coroner.”

Police said they did not believe the incident was connected to lockdown measures.

The victim has been named by friends as Tara Stiles, a 33-year-old mother from Andover.

Friends paid tribute to Tara by describing her as a “gorgeous and beautiful lady”.

Caroline Hardy wrote: “So, so sad. You will be missed, beautiful lady. Heaven has gained an angel.”

While Gem Moorhouse added: “Going to miss you, my dear friend.”

Another wrote: “What is going on in this world. So sad, thinking of her family and children.”

Details about how the pair passed away have not been confirmed by Hampshire police, but the Advertiser understands files are being prepared for the coroner.

Those who live in Bridge Street, where the victim was found dead, said they were shocked by the news.

With many business owners having closed their premises, and most residents following government guidelines to stay at home, few could recall last week’s incident.

One resident told the Advertiser they have been in self-isolation and did not witness anything from their front window.

Another echoed that sentiment, noting that he had not seen or heard anything on the afternoon of Tuesday, April 14.

Hampshire Constabulary has not yet provided further details surrounding the circumstances, but on Monday confirmed that its enquiries were ongoing.

A statement from police read: “We are investigating following the death of a woman in Andover on Tuesday 14 April.

“We were called at 3.45pm by our colleagues in South Central Ambulance Service alerting us to an incident they were responding to on Bridge Street involving the death a 33-year-old woman.

“Enquiries are ongoing to ascertain the exact circumstances of what happened.

“As part of our enquiries, we arrested a 25-year-old man from Andover on suspicion of murder.

“He has since been released on bail until 12 May.”

However, little more than 24 hours later, officers confirmed that the suspect had died while on bail.

Police have since confirmed with the Advertiser that this does not change the fact that the initial investigation into the death remains ongoing.