A warrant has been issued for the arrest of an Andover man who failed to attend court.

Benjamin Alan Cheyne, of Halter Way, was due to appear at court last Friday, but he did not answer to bail.

He was accused of driving without a licence, insurance, or having a valid MOT certificate on his Fiat in March.

The 30-year-old was allegedly caught on Forge Field in March 4.

A man from Thruxton has been fined almost £2,000 and disqualified for over two years after he was caught more than three times over the drink-drive limit.

Lee Harris, of Beech Close, was caught driving his Ford Focus on Fairview Road in Weyhill on April 13, when he had 126 micrograms of alcohol in 100 millilitres. The legal limit is 35.

He was fined £1,833 and disqualified from driving for 30 months.

The 39-year-old was also ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £181 and costs of £85.

A Berkshire man who was caught speeding on the A34 near Whitchurch has been fined.

Harrison Stanley Chandler, of High Street in Thatcham, pleaded guilty to being behind the wheel of his Volkswagen Gold at Great Litchfield Down on February 13, and was caught travelling at 86 miles per hour.

The 26-year-old was fined £68 and ordered to pay costs of £85 and a victim surcharge of £32.

Additionally, he was issued with three penalty points on his licence.

An Andover man caught over the drink-drive limit has been given a fine and disqualified from driving.

Ben Syman, of Watermills Close, was spotted driving on Admirals Way on July 10 when unfit to do so after consuming alcohol.

A breath test revealed he had 69 micrograms of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath. The legal limit is 35.

The 21-year-old was fined £300 and disqualified from driving for 18 months.

Additionally, he was ordered to pay £34 as a victim surcharge and £40 in costs.

A man will stand trial next week accused of the assault of a woman.

Luisito Joaquin Gonzalez, of Kenilworth Road, Basingstoke, is accused of assaulting Elaine Zurek in Hampshire by beating her on January 12.

The 39-year-old pleaded not guilty in March, and the trial has been delayed because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Gonzalez has been released on unconditional bail until the trial starts at Basingstoke Magistrates’ Court on October 5.