Restraining order
A MAN from Scunthorpe has been given community service after harassing an Andover woman.

Tristan Parkes, of Bridgewater Road, sent multiple unwanted messages to the complainant in August.

It included messages asking her to withdraw her police statement after he was accused of causing criminal damage to her property in December 2019.

The 25-year-old admitted the offences at Basingstoke Magistrates’ Court last week, and also pleaded guilty to the assault of two other people in Andover on August 6, plus the criminal damage of a vehicle.

Parkes was ordered to pay a total of £200 in compensation, plus a £200 fine.

He was also given an 18-month community order, which will see him complete 30 rehabilitation activity days, and an 18-month restraining order that will prevent him contacting the victim.

Parkes has further been ordered to pay court costs of £85.

Fine for assault

AN ANDOVER man has been fined after admitting assaulting a person in the town.

Andrew Christopher James Dawkins, of Halter Way, was accused of assaulting Armando Camara between July 26 and 29, 2019.

The 31-year-old, who had previously denied the charge before changing his mind at

Basingstoke Magistrates’ Court last week, was fined £349.99, ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £89.98 and court costs of £150.

He was also given a curfew for 18 weeks, meaning he must wear an electronic tag and not leave his address between 8pm and 6am every night until March 1, 2021.

Drink driving

A MAN from St Mary Bourne has been charged with drink driving.

Peter David Shillingford, of Stevens Green, is alleged to have been over double the drink-drive limit whilst behind the wheel of a vehicle at the junction of Waltham Road and Station Road in Overton on September 4.

He has not entered a plea, and his case has been adjourned until November 18.

Breach of order

AN ANDOVER man has been fined after breaching a non-molestation order

Dean Michael John Millins, of Camelot Close, admitted contacting a woman in May 2019, which he was banned from doing so by a court order.

The 38-year-old was fined £200, and ordered to pay costs of £85 and a victim surcharge of £32.