Flooded cell

AN ANDOVER man is accused of spitting and urinating in a police cell during the coronavirus pandemic.

Jason Derek Baigent, of Helford Court, allegedly spat blood and urinated in the cell at the Police Investigation Centre in Basingstoke, which flooded it and required a deep clean.

The 47-year-old had been arrested on June 19 for possession of cannabis in Kings Worthy, which led to the incident.

The case had been due to be heard in Basingstoke Magistrates’ Court earlier this week, but it was adjourned.

Baigent has not entered pleas to either charge, and is not required to attend at the next holding date for the case, which is on February 8, 2021.

Driving ban

A SURREY woman has been disqualified from driving for three years after driving in Laverstoke whilst more than four times over the drink drive limit.

Faye Thomas, also known as Faye Parrott, was behind the wheel of a silver Peugeot 206 on August 3 when she had 210 milligrams of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood - more than four times the legal limit which is 50.

The 34-year-old was driving on London Road, near to Church Lodge, when stopped.

Thomas, of Southern Way in Farnham, wasbanned from driving for 36 months at Basingstoke Magistrates’ Court earlier this week, whilst also picking up a £438, reducing after pleading guilty.

She was also ordered to pay £117 in a victim surcharge and £85 in costs.

She had been given a £730 fine and a 52 month disqualification after also being found over the drink-drive limit on the A32 in Alton on March 6.

Assault of an officer

A MAN is due to stand trial accused of assaulting a police officer in Andover.

Terry John Reeve is alleged to have assaulting Officer Mathew Dipper in Corinthian Close on October 14 when he was responding to an incident.

Reeve, of Laburnum Road in Waterlooville, had also allegedly damaged two glass windows and a garden fence which belonged to Sovereign.

The 28-year-old was suspected of drink driving and asked to take a breathe test, but refused, and is further accused of damaging a police vehicle.

Reeve has not entered pleas to the charges and the case was adjourned earlier this week.

He has been released on conditional bail and is not allowed to contact four people concerned in the case, or enter Corinthian Close, except to collect belongings on one occasion.