ANDOVER Rugby Club secured London Two South West division safety with a game to spare following an emphatic 47-0 win away at KCS Old Boys on Saturday.

The All Blacks traveled to London for the penultimate game of the season on Saturday hovering two points above Weybridge Vandals in the relegation zone.

However they avoided the prospect of a nerve racking final day scrap, thrashing KCS Old Boys while relegation rivals Vandals lost 37-15 away at London Cornish.

The two results mean Andover, who were only promoted to the league for this season, cannot be caught in the final game of the season and have therefore secured London Two South West division rugby for another year.

Under the new captain-ship of Alex Hibdidge, Andover got off to a dream start.

A scrum in the first minute gave Andover the opportunity to assert their dominance up front and as KCS went backwards the scene was set.

After five minutes the imperious Ollie Lindridge won a towering lineout.

Kieran Jenvey fed Tom Waite who drove for the line and as he was held, Billy Pollard confirmed his recent improvement with a superbly taken try, converted by Charlie Waite.

KCS soon showed that they were in no mood to gift Andover anything and put the visitors under a lot of pressure.

Superb defence kept the hosts at bay and Andover soon reasserted themselves to increase their lead.

Tom Waite fielded a high kick-off superbly and when giant prop Carl Sievewright smashed through the home midfield to set up a ruck, Alex Kane stepped in at scrum half, seized the ball and danced through the defence to score a lovely try, once again converted by Charlie Waite.

Andover looked completely in charge, but a yellow card for Kane soon changed that as for ten minutes KCS lay siege to Andover.

Great defence from Niko Rowe and the impressive Ed Williams blunted everything they tried however and with the booming boot of Charlie Waite continually sending them backwards, Andover weathered the storm.

On the stroke of half time KCS got a yellow card of their own and with wind at their back after the break, Andover put them to the sword.

From the restart Andover won a lineout ten meters out and with ball secure, youngster Jordan Gray crashed over for a try converted once more by Waite.

Big second row Tom Erskine, who had already shown his worth in defence, began to make inroads with the ball in hand and from a charge he swung the game back in Andover’s favour.

As Andover contested the ruck, the home prop lost his head and punched Tom Waite in front of the referee, who had no option but to produce the red card.

Andover went for the throat and before long had moved the game beyond reach of the Old Boys.

Simon Preece crashed over from another lineout, with Waite once more converting, before the excellent Gray finished his brace from a short scrum.

Jack Stott then intercepted on half way to race away and score.

Finally the superb Niko Rowe smashed over after another series of short scrums, with Waite adding two more conversions to finish the scoring. As the game came to a close, news came through that London Cornish had beaten Weybridge Vandals and with a bonus point win in the bag, Andover's London South West Two place was secured.

A delighted coach Andy Waite said "We were excellent today and thoroughly deserved our win.

"We didn’t allow ourselves to worry about what was happening elsewhere and focused on our job.

"We’ve been used to big games over the last few seasons albeit usually at the top of a table, but that experience of being in ‘who blinks first’ situations, has really stood us in good stead."

Reflecting on the season, Waite added: "We’ve learned a lot this year and we’ve been threatening a performance like this for some time, it was so important to stay up because I feel we will be much better next season."

Andover sign off their season this Saturday at home against Effingham and Leatherhead.