ANDOVER Town made it back to back wins in the Wessex League Division One after winning a five-thriller at Folland Sports. Shaquille Gwengwe, man of the match defender Owen Trapnell and Brendan Holmes with a last-minute winner were the men of target.

Andover looked the most organised of the two sides with Lewis Wakeford out running the home team defenders without difficulty and Liam Callaghan (on loan from Blackfield and Langley) nearly putting the away team in the lead within the first minute.

A deflected cross from Trapnell hit him in the chest, just too hard for him to control and strike.

Then in the 14th minute Waledin Ahmed beat a number of Folland defenders to open space and pass back to Dean Smith in a prime position to cross the ball to Shaquille Gwengwe, who fired home.

Folland managed a quick retaliation, with a wide shot saved by Dave Tasker.

Andover remained the better team and only a few minutes later, Gwengwe nearly scored his second, but the goalkeeper got to Callaghan’s rebound first.

Andover continued to attack, with the impressive Nickoy Pinnock, making a fantastic pass through to Callaghan whose first shot was saved and his rebound.

In the first minute for the first half, the visitors were awarded a free-kick just outside the area.

This was taken by Ahmed and cleared the wall, but only found the arms of the home goalie.

The start of the second half was in stark contrast to the end of the first. Folland came out with a renewed vigour and had scored twice in the first seven minutes.

Their first was from an exceptionally well-orchestrated piece of set play.

A free-kick on the corner of the penalty area allowed their captain Breon Graham to place an almost perfect ball into the waiting forwards.

The second came from Tom Hawkins as his pace beat the visiting defence.

It was not until at least 10 minutes later, that Andover started to turn the game around A free-kick taken by Smith gave Trapnell his first attempt at goal.

Then a minute later, Holmes pass found Trapnell and he hammered home the equaliser.

Folland should have retaken the lead in the 70th minute but a header from Sanchez McLean went over the bar and into the trees behind.

Trapnell was not finished with his stint up front and in a matter of only a couple of minutes had two more chances to get his name on the score sheet again.

Andover sub Ben Emans nearly scored a winner with an on target shot in the 89th minute which was saved and deflected out.

As the game was drew to a close it seemed that Andover would have to settle for only one point, even though they had been far the stronger team for the majority of the play.

However, Holmes was having none of it and in the last minute of the game Wakeford shook off his defender to pass to Holmes in a similar position to the Trapnell goal.

Holmes took the shot with all the confidence of a seasoned professional to claim all three points.

Andover will look to make it three league wins on the trot on Saturday, when they entertain New Milton.