ANDOVER Town fully deserved this 4-1 victory at Alton in a match played on Alton's 4G all weather pitch.

The final score line does not flatter them and Town could well have scored more.

Against a resolute Alton side Andover ere strong in defence,solid in midfield and very impressive going forward.

Without doubt this was their best performance of the season.

Alton asked all the early questions,and almost scored inside the first minute but Andover held their nerve and took the lead in the sixth minute.

George Higgins latched on to Matt Deveraux’s precise through ball and ran on to slide the ball in as the goalkeeper unsuccessfully tried to narrow the angle.

Inside the next 10 minutes, Higgins could well have completed a hat-trick but following Ben Emans run the goalkeeper managed to block

the effort and then a delicate lob was just marginally off target.

Play continued from end to end and in the right spirit.

When necessary Andover defended in depth but they could do little to prevent Alton’s equaliser.

A corner was only partially cleared and when a deep cross came back in Mark Corbett rose high to head in beyond Dave Tasker’s reach.

If during the first half the teams were equally matched then Andover were much the better side in the second period and their next goal was one of high quality.

Emans showing considerable skill out witted two defenders before turning and placing a low hard hit shot into the net from just outside the area.

Josh Bertie, Powell Uka, and Higgins all kept the goalkeeper busy and it was no surprise when the visitors scored again with twenty minutes left.

Bertie charged down the Andover left leaving a defender trailing in his wake and the eventual cross was perfectly timed for the on coming Nick Turpin to score with ease.

Five minutes later, Andover were awarded a penalty when Bertie was brought down.

His spot kick was well saved but some gamesmanship before

the kick was taken may have affected his concentration.

Despite Andover’s domination Alton could not be under estimated but when Liam Knight missed an open goal from six yards they probably realised that this was not going to be their night.

The icing on the cake was left to the third minute of added time.

Andover were awarded a free kick some 20 yards out.

Higgins took the kick which sped arrow like into the top corner.

Next for Andover on Saturday is a tough home game against title chasing Romsey.