ANDOVER New Street will travel to Bemerton Heath Harlequins looking for some FA Cup glory on Saturday.

New Street continued their good start to their Wessex League Division One campaign as they won 2-0 at Verwood last Tuesday, after drawing 1-1 at home to US Portsmouth in last saturday's opener.

Luke Hooper with his second of the season and Ilyas Warshaw were the goal scorers at Verwood.

Last Saturday, New Street conceded a late equaliser against US Portsmouth to draw their season opener in a dramatic affair at Foxcotte Park.

Street had to wait until the second half to make the breakthrough after an earlier strike had controversially been ruled out for handball.

New signing Hooper fired the hosts ahead on 56 minutes, and his team looked to be closing out the game when an enforcement of the new sin bin rule left Portsmouth reduced to 10 men.

But in the final 10 minutes, and with the visitors back to full strength, they broke to grab a leveller and take a share of the spoils.

Street started strongly on their return to the Wessex Division One. Twice they could have taken the lead in the game’s opening moments.

Shane Lock had the ball in the net with just minutes on the clock, converting after charging down the goalkeeper’s clearance. But referee Luke Fabry ruled out the goal having judged Lock’s charge-down a handball.

Then moments later, a stray ball across the Portsmouth defence gifted Hooper another golden opportunity, only for the forward to spurn his attempt to chip the goalkeeper.

Despite remaining a threat, Street were unable to craft any further clear-cut chances. And as the home side’s frustrations started to grow, so too did the visitors’ confidence.

Portsmouth began seeing more of the ball, though they lacked a cutting edge in the face of a solid Street defence.

Street altered their shape in the second period with Lock appearing more often in a wide left role, from which he was able to set up the opener.

Lock won the ball back from a Portsmouth throw-in and squared to Hooper – himself playing more centrally – who rifled home with a quick finish for a well-taken goal.

Portsmouth’s afternoon went from bad to worse seven minutes later. Harry Birmingham fell victim to the new sin bin trial and was sent to the dugout for 10 minutes, during which the game looked to be getting away from the visitors.

Hooper was substituted after 60 minutes for Jason Silver, who showed signs of a good understanding with the ever more dynamic Lock, but the pair were unable to extend their side’s lead.

Portsmouth, meanwhile, remained in with a shout and after Birmingham returned to the fray, second-half substitute Jay Ripiner was put through to slot past George Baxter in the Street goal.

Street showed desire and pushed for a late winner. Callum Sweeney, in the thick of it throughout the second period, went down under a heavy challenge in the dying moments, but his resultant free kick amounted to nothing and the game ended one goal apiece.

New Street will be at home on Tuesday night when Downton are the visitors.