ANDOVER Town had a day to forget, with a thumping 7-0 defeat at the hands of Hartley Wintney.

Rounding off the group stages of the Hampshire Invitational Cup, The Row once again took the opportunity to field a number of their Academy players.

A one minute silence was observed before kick off as a mark of respect to Bill Mitchell the Hartley Wintney FC club president who passed away during the week.

The Row started brightly and a free kick on 3 minutes from Anis Nuur brought out a good stop from the well positioned Andover keeper Dease Kerrigan.

The visitors keeper was again in action six minutes later when he did well to keep out a shot from Kingsley Eshun who had latched onto a long pass.

However the opening goal was only delayed by one further minute.

Kingsley Eshun managed to get round the back of the Andover defence and his cross was turned in by James Beauchamp.

On 13 minutes James Beauchamp made good progress down the left and his cross was shot over from close range by Anis Nuur.

On 22 minutes with the Row well on top the second goal arrived, through Toby Raggett.

Andover had a decent spell and a good move down the left saw Luke Adams find Josh Bertie in the area. Bertie found Jordan Smith with a reverse pass and the midfielder fired over from the edge of the box.

Hartley added a third on 32 minutes when a long ball forward saw Kerrigan the visitors stopper struggle to clear. Beauchamp took full advantage and ran the ball into the net.

The visitors were very unlucky not to reduce the arrears on 39 minutes. An excellent strike from a free kick 25 yards out by Josh Bertie crashed off the underside of the crossbar with Luke Williams the Row keeper beaten. Two minutes later Eshun worked space and his parting effort brought out a good stop from Kerrigan.

It took the Row just 3 minutes to extend their lead at the start of the second period. Beauchamp found space on the right and his cut back found Josh Webb. The midfielder found Toby Raggett at the back post and the young striker tapped home.

Kerrigan in goal and the visitors defence were having a busy afternoon and on 59 minutes the fifth goal arrived. Kamdon Simmons made good progress down the left and cross found its way to Reece Cave who scored with a fierce shot (5-0)

Four minutes later the Row scored a sixth goal. A short free kick on the right gave Tom Bird space and his shot from 20 yards found the corner of the net via a deflection (6-0)

On 68 minutes Dom Griffiths worked some space for a shot and his effort was well saved by Kerrigan.

The final goal arrived six minutes later when Toby Raggett went on a run and this finished with his shot finding the corner of the net to make it 7-0.