RELEGATION threatened Andover Seconds continued their recent resurgence with a three-wicket win over midtable side New Milton.

The Seconds, who have struggled to find form since their promotion to Hampshire County Division One, have now recorded back-to-back victories.

Andover were sent out to field and opened up with Duckworth brothers, Ed (1-31) and Rowan (2- 10), both of whom applied pressure to the New Milton openers.

These two bowled tightly to restrict the opposition to 24-3 off 10 overs on a flat wicket.

Captain Harry Blackburn then brought on the left arm duo of James Knight (1-22) and Aidan Jansen (0-29) who continued to stem the flow of runs.

New Milton’s openers batted well but Andover kept them on their toes with the rotation of seven different bowlers.

Andrew Duckworth (0-21) was unlucky not to get a wicket while James Knight came back to bowl at the death with Olly Cox (2-34).

Three runouts meant that New Milton were bowled out for 178 in the final over of their innings.

Andover’s innings got off to a flying start with Harri Williams, playing his final game for the club before leaving for New Zealand, and Andrew Duckworth both hitting into the 30s.

An injured Max Souter, using a runner, added 11 while captain Blackburn scored a quick 15 to bring the score to 97-3.

With Andover needing just 82 runs of 35 overs a win was firmly in sight.

However two quick wickets at the other end, of opener Duckworth and Stu Summers (1), startled the Andover camp.

Ed Duckworth rebuilt with Blackburn before the captain was well caught by the keeper.

Rowan Duckworth (2) joined his older brother and stuck around until he was caught and bowled.

Tail ender Aidan Jansen went to the crease needing 60 runs to win but with just three wickets in hand.

Jansen and Ed Duckworth were resolute in defence and picked up the singles nicely.

They both played themselves in nicely and the runs started to flow, as both of them started to hit boundaries.

New Milton tried rotating their bowlers to break their partnership but Jansen continued to sweep the ball for four.

The pair finished with an eighth-wicket partnership of 60 as Andover got over the line in the 41st over.