PORTWAY Stadium is the place to be on Saturday afternoon as Andover Town take on leaders Blackfield and Langley in a top of the table Wessex League Premier Division clash.

The home side are second in table after Tuesday's night 2-1 win at Shaftesbury and are three points behind with two games in hand.

On Tuesday night few will dispute that high flying Andover were fortunate to return from Dorset with the full three points, after they beat Shaftesbury 2-1.

For long periods during the game they were outplayed and only some woeful finishing by the home side prevented their first defeat of the season.

Neither side were helped by the weather conditions of light drizzle accompanied by a mist that enveloped half of the pitch and made the identification of players difficult.

During the opening 20 minutes Shaftesbury had five goal attempts most of which were too high or wide.

The best of these was a effort that skimmed off the crossbar to safety.

So it came as a welcome surprise when Andover scored with their first opportunity and against the run of play.

A cross from the Andover right came out of the mist to find George Hallahan who fired home from the edge of the area.

Shortly before the break Shaftsbury had their best chance so far, but with only Lloyd Thomas to beat the shot was poor and drifted wide.

Andover were much better during the second half during which the mist finally disappeared.Whilst still force full the home side were not creating so many chances.

After 66 minutes,and following Andover’s best period of the game, Jason Silver scored the Town’s 500th competitive goal from a narrow angle.

Five minutes later, Shaftesbury’s Adam Flint drilled a low shot inside Thomas’s post to set up a nail biting final twenty minutes.

Alex Dockree came close to clinching it for Andover whilst at the other end Thomas dealt with two half chances However Shaftesbury had the last word when in the second Minute of added time a good volley headed goal wards before striking a post and the ball was scrambled away to safety.

As the final whistle whistle blew the travelling Andover faithful breathed a huge sigh of relief that must of been heard back at The Portway.