A man accused of causing a head-on crash near Andover through a lack of attention has had his case reopened.

Ryan Sterrett, of Swinton Barracks and Perham Down, was behind the wheel of his Audi on the A343 at Hurstbourne Tarrant last November when, police say, he was driving without due care or attention.

The charge states that he was driving "inappropriately for the road and weather conditions, causing his vehicle to slide across onto the opposite carriageway and crash head-on into oncoming traffic".

He was convicted of that, and being without insurance when the crash occurred, at 7.30am on November 6, 2019, when his case was first heard in May 2020.

The 21-year-old's case has been reopened and it will now be heard at Aldershot Magistrates' Court on October 30.

An Overton man caught travelling more than 80 miles per hour on the A34 last year has been disqualified from driving.

Ross Soper-Dyer, of London Road in Southington, was clocked travelling at 83 mph on the A34 at Great Litchfield Down, near Whitchurch.

Basingstoke Magistrates’ Court heard last weekend that the offence happened on October 21, 2019.

The 44-year-old was fined £380 and disqualified from driving for six months, due to repeat offending.

He was also ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £38 and costs of £85.

A Wiltshire man convicted of using a phone whilst driving will face a retrial.

Colin Robertson Stewart, of High Street in Collingbourne Ducis, near Tidworth, was accused of using his mobile phone whilst driving his Land Rover on the M3 near Hook last year.

He was convicted on July 10 of this year, but the case has been reopened.

The 54-year-old's case will be heard at Aldershot Magistrates' Court on November 13.

A Surrey man accused of speeding on the A303 has had his conviction set aside.

Mark Flynn, of Sadler Close in Mitcham, was charged with travelling at 79 miles per hour on the dual carriageway near Popham last September, and for not responding to a notice of intended prosecution sent by police the following month.

The 28-year-old was convicted on May 15 of this year, but the case has been reopened.

His case has been adjourned until October 30 at Basingstoke Magistrates' Court.