Firefighters had to tear themselves away from their festivities yesterday after a fire broke out in Andover.

Crews from Andover and Whitchurch were among the teams attending a domestic fire on King Arthur’s Way, after being called out at 16:14.

Once there, they found a small fire in the conservatory, which had been put out before their arrival. One person at the scene was given oxygen after suffering from “slight” smoke inhalation.

Firefighters noted that there were no working smoke alarms at the property, and carried out a full visit, where they check an individual’s home to ensure that it is fire safe and suited to their needs.

For more information about fire safety, and to learn more about safe and well visits, please click here.