A fire has broken out in the kitchen of a pub in Whitchurch this morning (Monday, October 18).

Emergency services were called to the White Hart Hotel on Newbury Street in Whitchurch after the fire caught the ducting and chimney of its kitchen.

According to Hampshire and Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service (HIWFRS), firefighters from Whitchurch, Andover, Winchester, Overton and Basingstoke put out the fire in around two hours.

A spokesperson for HIWFRS told the Advertiser: “Crews from Whitchurch, Andover, Winchester, Overton and Basingstoke were called to London Road, Whitchurch, at 11.30am today (October 18).  

“A fire in a kitchen area of a pub had spread to ducting and the chimney. Firefighters wore breathing apparatus and used one main jet, a hose reel jet and the aerial ladder platform to put the fire out.

“The stop message was received at 1.40pm and crews are expected to leave the scene shortly.”

The White Hart Hotel have been contacted for a comment.

Meanwhile, Stagecoach South have confirmed that they are rerouting all services through London Road in Whitchurch because of the incident.