An Andover man has been told to undergo rehabilitation after he admitted harassing a woman in Andover.

Lee Steven John Alexander Asseter, of Dene Court, pleaded guilty to pursuing a course of conduct, which amounted to the harassment of the woman between October and November last year.

He had previously denied the charge.

The 35-year-old was sentenced at Basingstoke Magistrates’ Court last week, where he was ordered to take part in 20 days of the building better relationships programme as part of a two-year community order.

He must also complete 25 days of rehabilitation activities during the order, and 200 hours of unpaid work in the next twelve months.

A restraining order was granted, whilst he must pay costs of £150 and a £95 victim surcharge.

The trial of an Andover man accused of harassment has been pushed back.

Daniel Christopher George Hewlett, of May Tree Road, was charged with harassing the woman by making unwanted calls and messages, and leaving voicemails, between October 15 and November 16, 2020. He has also been charged with four counts of breaching a non-molestation order put in place by a family court by messaging, calling, and posting on Instagram.

The 37-year-old has pleaded not guilty to all charges.

He was due to stand trial in April, but it has been delayed by a month.

Hewlett will now appear before Basingstoke Magistrates’ Court on May 23, 2022. He has been released on conditional bail.

A Ludgershall man is accused of failing to renew his registration on the sex offenders’ register.

Michael Ford, of Andover Road, allegedly failed to renew his annual registration on December 4, without reasonable excuse.

His case has been sent to Salisbury Crown Court, where he will appear on January 14.

He has been released on unconditional bail.

The 52-year-old has not entered a plea, court documents show.

A man accused of causing more than £350 of damage to an Audi A3 has stood trial.

Jason David Naylor was accused of damaging the 2007-plate car on April 6, in Tidworth. It is said that Naylor, of Station Road in Tidworth, caused damage to the value of £363.60 to the roof of the car.

The 48-year-old had denied the charge and was due to stand trial at Salisbury Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, as The Advertiser went to print.