ANDOVER Town overturned a first half deficit with four second half goals and consolidated their five point lead at the top of the Wessex Premier League table.

Last season Fareham took all six points from Andover but apart from the opening 20 minutes or so a repeat this year never looked a possibility.

Andover made a shaky start to the game and found themselves a goal down within the opening two minutes.

Lloyd Thomas was unable to hang on to a venomous cross from Ashley Tattershall and following up Scott Hamilton put away the rebound.

Shortly after Thomas did well to save a good effort from the always dangerous Tattershall, that took on added significance as the match developed.

The rest of the first half was mainly restricted to the middle third of the pitch with both teams forced to try their luck from distance although Andover appeared to be the most likely side to score.

As the second period got underway Andover continued to be the more positive and arguably the turning point came when they made a double substitution.

Alex Dockree and Reece Rusher replaced Joe Chamberlaine and Jason Silver and within five minutes grabbed a deserved equaliser.

A cross from Mike Gosney was touched on by George Hallahan to Zach Glasspool who effortlessly scored his goal 21 of the season.

That strike came on the hour mark and 10 minutes later, Andover deservedly took the lead.

A quickly taken free-kick caught Fareham unawares and this time Glasspool turned provider for Rusher to score from close range.

This second Andover goal was the first of three in seven minutes and it was not long before Hallahan found space and time wide on the Andover right and his subsequent volley flew into just inside the far post into the net.

By now Andover were dominating the game and the final goal quickly appeared.

Rusher latched on to Dockree’s lob over a square defence and sensibly laid the ball off for Hallahan to slot home his eighth goal in five games.

Andover continue their journey around Hampshire, with a visit to Portsmouth to take on Baffin Milton Rovers on Saturday, followed by a trip to Alresford on Wednesday.