FOR the second time in the week Andover Town scored four to further consolidate their position at the summit of the league table.

They started this first ever league fixture at Kendall Stadium against Baffin Milton Rovers, with the same team that finished the midweek encounter at Fareham.

Ben Cook retained his place as Zach Glasspool was serving a one match suspension and two recent new signings Immanuel Soeton and Alex Kyriacou were named amongst the substitutes.

Alex Dockree made his 150th appearance and marked the occasion by scoring Andover’s first goal.

A cold but light wind blew across the ground from the nearby Langstone Harbour as the match got underway and it took a short time for both teams to acclimatise.

However, Andover were the first to do so and they forced five corners in the opening twenty minutes.

George Hallahan tested goalkeeper Sam Gray who did well to keep the volley out whilst at the other end Baffin’s blazed over the bar when it looked easier to score.

With 20 minutes gone Andover opened their account as Dockree beautifully headed Reece Rushers immaculate cross past Gray.

Three minutes later, Andover doubled their advantage as Mike Gosney’s 30-yard effort took a deflection to leave Gray wrong footed and the ball nestling in the back of the net.

Andover continued to dominate but as half time approached Baffin’s produced some anxious moments which the Town defended well.

However, for the travelling faithful at least there was relief that the visitors reached the interval unscathed.

After the break, Joe Chamberlain replaced Liam Hibberd but Baffin’s carried on where they had left off with the result that only five minutes had elapsed before they forced Luke Dempsey to concede an own goal.

Replacing Cook, Soeton came on as Andover quickly regained the initiative and just beyond the hour mark they restored their two goal advantage.

Joe Wright’s cross was sensibly touched on by Hallahan to Rusher to fire in the third Andover goal.

The home side worked hard to get back into the game for a second time but Dempsey, Connor Cocklin and Wright were in no mood to give away more freebies.

Andover’s fourth goal came Ten minutes from time. A Baffin’s defender under hit a pass across his own goal and Town’s man of the match Gosney was first to the loose ball and easily scored his second goal of the game and 13th of the season.

Andover’s game in hand will be the visit to Alresford on Wednesday evening.