ANDOVER New Street will be looking for a FA Cup giant killing this weekend when the Wessex League Division One side travel to Southern League Division One South Thatcham Town.

New Street booked their place in the preliminary round after beating Bemerton Health Harlequins after a replay last week.

Ironically this time last year Thatcham were knocked out of the FA Cup after being beaten by Bemerton after a replay after the first game ended 0-0 in Berkshire.

Thatcham went top of the Southern League on Tuesday night with the second win on the trot, while New Street head their Wessex League.

Andover New Street manager John Smith said: "This is a free hit for us, no one expects us to get any further so there is no pressure on us."

New Street moved to the top of the Wessex League Division One after they won 4-2 away at Petersfield.

Luke Hooper gave them the lead at Love Lane and it stayed 1-0 until the interval.

The home side hit back after the break as a fluke own goal and another second goal suddenly had Petersfield ahead by 2-1.

After this, New Street took back control of the game as Jason Silver, Matt Mariner and Shane Lock all were on target.

The game saw the debut for new goalkeeper Chris Wing with George Baxter sidelined with a dislocated shoulder.

New Street boss John Smith said: "We could have easily but a few goals down in the first 20 minutes, but after that I felt we were in control, even when we went down 2-1."

On Tuesday night, New Street booked their place in the second round of the Hampshire Senior Cup after they won 3-0 at Totton and Eling.

The game was locked at 0-0, but after the interval the visitors made sure of their passage into the next round with three goals.

Lock helped himself to a brace and the other one came from Ilys Warshow.

Their reward is a home tie in the next round of the competition against Premier Division Horndean.

Andover New Street Swifts enjoyed a victorious start to their first ever season campaign in the Hampshire Premier League Division One as they beat visiting Netley Central Sports 2-0.

Harry Lawson scored the club’s first goal after 16 minutes and Charlie Preece doubled their advantage eight minutes later.

This Saturday, the Swifts are on their travels as Broughton.