IN A match filled with twists, Andover New Street pulled off a stunning comeback to secure a thrilling victory over Hythe, writes John Gorman.

Street made the better start with a Lewis Williams shot narrowly wide, Shaun Dallimore suffering the same fate and Harry Lawton and Shane Lock both stopped by well-timed challenges in the area.

But Hythe took the lead with 17 minutes played. A poor back pass allowed Cain Prentice to slot the ball past the stranded keeper. (0-1)

Street were twice caught in possession, inviting danger, and O’Brien saved well from Jamie Beasley before the scores were level.

Hythe only partially cleared a corner, and Malachi Dotse returned the ball to the edge of the area before Ross Cook fired high into the roof of the net from 20 yards. (1-1)

Allen then denied Willians after a clever reverse ball from Lock before the visitors regained the lead right on the half-time whistle. Dallimore looked to be bought down from behind but there was no whistle and Prentice raced away from a position that looked offside with Beasley turning in the cross to leave the visitors to enjoy their half-time tea. (1-2)

Cook then found the back of the net for Street only for an extremely late offside flag to rule it out. What looked for a 2-2 suddenly became 1-3. The ball was swung from left to right and then back into the middle for Dave Wyatt to rise and head home. (1-3)

The home side, to their credit, kept coming forward and a spell of head tennis in the area finished with Cook finding Shane Lock who turned the ball home from a tight angle. (2-3)

New Street used their full allocation of substitutes but with six minutes left they were two goals behind again when Brenno Narrezi volleyed home superbly at the far post. (2-4)

Game over? No.

Street were awarded a free kick in the centre circle. Aaron Randall fired it forwards, low and straight, the defence seemed surprised and Cook turned and beat Allen from somewhere near the penalty spot. (3-4)

Two minutes later as the 90 minutes ticked up, Street were awarded another free kick, this time out by the corner flag.

Shane Lock swung the ball into the area, nobody touched it and it finished in the net inside the far post. (4-4)

It seemed like a point out of nowhere, but there was more drama, and stoppage time, to come. The final whistle came just as Harry Lawton won the ball in midfield, his through pass split the defence and Lewis Williams used his pace and control to coolly slide the ball past Allen and give Street a win that had never looked on the cards until the closing minutes. (5-4)

Assistant manager Jamie Dockree said: "Not sure how you sum up that game. Some great attacking on display. Unbelievable character shown by this group again who never know when they are beaten. Only football can create moments like that!  Up the Street."