Andover pulled off a superb win (37-36) against the odds on the road in Bognor last weekend, to move five points clear in second place in the league.

This game was rearranged due to a previous postponement which meant Andover had several changes for the long journey and they faced a very well-drilled home side at full strength for the first time this season.

The game began well with Max Graham slotting an early penalty to give Saxon Safety-sponsored Andover the lead. 

Soon after however a misunderstanding in defence allowed the home side a free run to the line to take the lead.

Despite creaking at scrum time early on, Andover, with man of the match Bryn Waite to the fore in the lineout, began to gain the upper hand.   

With good possession, Charlie Waite, making his seasonal debut after a long injury, sent a long cross kick which was well claimed by Harvey Maloney on the floor who combined well with Harry Scobie before finishing neatly.

Bognor soon asserted themselves again however with a penalty and a second try, before Andover immediately struck back through Callum Barber Starkey, after a clever lineout move with Bryn Waite well converted by Charlie Waite.

Bognor once again snuck in front through a penalty before Andover again drew level.

Bryn Waite again was instrumental counter attacking superbly from his own 22 before feeding Matt Green deep in the Bognor half, who in turn fed Fin Waite allowing the number eight to put Stan North in the corner for a wonderful length of the pitch try.

Before the break however Bognor struck what they must have thought would be a vital blow, scoring a fine try through their pacey winger to take a half-time lead.

After the break Bognor created some daylight with a further penalty before that man Bryn Waite was at it again.

He set off on another mazy run before linking with the excellent Maloney who combined with Harrison Pape to once again put Stan North powerfully in in the corner.

Andover suddenly smelled blood and when Fin Waite went over from a Catch and drive for a lovely forwards try converted by brother Charlie, they were back in the lead.

The same player then added a penalty and Andover at last thought they were in control.

Not so as Bognor once again struck back superbly as their winger completed his lightening brace, but with the conversion missed there was all to play for in the final five minutes.

Andover seemed comfortable with good possession until a spilled ball in midfield set up an incredible finale.

Bognor poured forwards time and again from open play, scrum and lineout but were met with ferocious resistance.

By now regular second-team players Toby Dixon, Harry Ward and James Reeder had all entered the fray and all did superbly to hold the home side out.

Jake Dixon, Matt Green and skipper Alex Hibdige were everywhere and when after a knock on the referee finally blew for time Andover and their travelling fans erupted.

After the game director of rugby Andy Waite said: "What a game of rugby, both teams were a real credit to the division. Our performancewas a testamant to the strength of our squad these days and I thought alongside Bry Tom erskine was immense."