ANDOVER New Street defeated Sherborne 3-0 at home in the first-ever league meeting between the two clubs.


Shane Lock converted a penalty in the first half before Leyton Tulk and Mikey Davis scored two quick second-half goals to grab all three points for Street.

They were three valuable points against a side higher in the table and the result was well deserved.

Despite fielding a youthful and inexperienced squad Street dominated the game throughout.

The home side kicked up the slope in the first half and visiting keeper Liam Norris was quickly forced to leave his area to beat Mikey Davis to a through ball.

The visitors came back with striker Allen Murphy just wide and Ben Wood a constant threat on the left flank.

Leyton Tulk sent Lewis Williams clear on the right and Mikey Davis was too high as the visitors struggled to get the ball away from the cross in a spell of home pressure.

Wood was high and wide at the other end after the ball had been given away before Street made the breakthrough with 20 minutes gone.

A clever reverse pass from Shane Lock sent Tulk in to the area, the challenge was late, there were no protests and Lock confidently converted the penalty. 1-0

Crosses from Williams and Lee Morris found only pink shirts in the area and a break by Lock ended with Williams shot narrowly too high.

Tulk had an effort saved and a Davis free kick was too high before a break at the other end saw a low cross missed by friend and foe alike in the six-yard box.

Brad Waters found the side netting from an acute angle after another Lock pass before Sherborne missed their best chance of the half, Antony Herrin pulling his shot wide with just James Mayo to beat, leaving Street deservedly ahead at the half-time break.

The pace of the Street attacks had troubled the visitors throughout the opening half and it paid full dividend with two goals inside the first 10 minutes.

Firstly, Waters made considerable ground on the left and his low cross was swept home by Leyton Tulk (2-0) before Mikey Davis duplicated the run of Waters as he collected a quick throw from Mayo before cutting along the bye line and somehow squeezing the ball inside the far post. (3-0) 

Mayo saved well from Murphy and Lock was unlucky with a first-time effort from distance as he saw the keeper off his line, the ball bouncing the wrong side of the post.

Manager Jamie Coleman utilised the bench with Patrick McDonnell, Henry Anoma and Isaiah Blankendal bringing fresh legs.

Sherborne, to their credit, kept going but Shaun Dallimore, the only recognised central defender in the Street line- up, marshalled the defence superbly and after just two minutes of stoppage time, the final whistle bought the curtain down on a first-class display by the home club.