ANDOVER New Street made their first visit to Cowes Sports Westwood Park home in search of league points since the 2018-19 season and found themselves facing numerous problems on the day.

With regard to the line-up, because of injuries and unavailability manager Jamie Coleman was forced to shuffle the squad again.

The usually ever-present Scott Hassell had joined Ross Cook and Lee Morris in the treatment room and Liam Hibberd, Jake Carswell and Brad Walters were unavailable.

Added to the above were problems with the ferry travel, which delayed the kickoff until 3.15.

Both sides started the game brightly and an early appeal for a penalty from the home side was ignored whilst Skipper Shane Lock, wearing the number three shirt cleared a dangerous cross at the far post.

On 13 minutes the visitors mounted their first real attack forcing home keeper Ed Hatt to concede a corner and on 17 minutes they took the lead. Hatt was put in some difficulty by a rather poor back pass enabling Layton Tulk to gain possession and find the corner of the net. (0-1)

Defender George Colson was caught in possession, the ball went loose and the speed of Lewis Williams enabled him to gain possession and steer the ball home, and make the half time tea more enjoyable. (0-2)

As was to be expected the home side started the second half the stronger but New Street defended well, forcing the home side in to a number of rapid substitutions which perhaps bore fruit as the half reached its midway point.

Colson made up for his earlier error with a run down the right and the cross was headed home by Connor Kelly. (1-2)

Five minutes later the visitors lost possession in their own area and Kelly, always a scourge of the Street in his Newport days, claimed his second goal and the scores were level, to the delight of the, as usual, vociferous home support. (2-2)

This pushed Street on to the defensive but with Paddy O’Brien showing a safe pair of hands in goal and full backs Patrick McDonnell and Shane Lock backing the makeshift central pairing of Alfie Saunders and Ethan Gee, Street’s defence stood firm.