A BARN caught fire after it was believed to have been struck by lightning.
Firefighters from Basingstoke, Winchester and Overton were called to Borough Farm, in Bazeley Copse Lane, Micheldever at 9.15pm last night, after a member of the public alerted them to the incident.
The barn was being used to store linseed straw.
Firefighters worked to control the blaze and prevent it spreading to nearby fields.
Watch manager John Amos, from Basingstoke fire station, said: “The cause was a suspected lightning strike. It was in the middle of nowhere and had collapsed so we made sure it didn’t spread. We stayed there until 6.30am.”