When news happens, text AND and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
No support for cycleway, says councillor
10:00am Sunday 6th April 2014 in News
ANDOVER County councillor Tony Hooke says he’s been unable to find a single person who wants to see a cycleway built along Weyhill Road – other than Hampshire County Council and Test Valley Borough Council officials.
Cllr Hooke, pictured right, said: “I’ve made an effort to find out what the residents think and would say that 90 per cent are against the idea and the other 10 percent are not bothered.
“There’s not a single one who wants it.
“But irrespective of what I do or say their mindset is to go ahead with it and it will be put to executive member Sean Woodward.
“What is the point of having elected members when the decisions are already made in advance?”
A response was requested from Hampshire County Council on Tuesday but was still awaited as we went to press.
Comments are closed on this article.